Thursday, October 2, 2008


1. Is it necessary to be a good (or even competent at all) artist in order to be a successful designer (especially costume)? Or is this a quality that is simply common?

2. Why is it so hard to find a way to mix all my interests? I love theatre and I love history, yet it is difficult for me to find a set path to achieve a career that directly allows me to do both at an equal level.

3. Why do I feel the need to overachieve and go for a double major, when just doing the theatre minor would still allow me to get what I want out of doing theatre in undergrad, and not burning myself out?

4. What is a good way to network outside of UCSC to get involved with theatre in other regions?

5. How important is it to have major in theatre arts to become involved in the theatre, or get into a theatre graduate program?

6. What exactly does a house manager do?

7. Why don’t we ever do musicals at UCSC (aside from the SSC holiday shows)?

8. Will we as a class get a chance to get a tour of the prop shop and the scene shop, since as designers and coordinators, they are places students should be familiar with?

9. How can one get involved in learning stage combat?

10. Do you know the Muffin Man?

No comments: